Saturday, January 16, 2010

When life gets in the way

The past week-and-a-half have been full of life craziness that has made it extremely hard to get up the motivation to get out and move my body. It's so funny to me that I abandon running so quickly when things get busy, even though I love it so much and I know that it's one of the few things that keeps me sane.

A wedding, house guests, and master's degree thesis that seems to have a life/mind of its own, general work craziness, and a bout of the flu... it's like everything that could be thrown at me in the last few weeks was. But now it's time to get back to business! I'm running a marathon in 4 months, and I need to train for it darn it!

I hopped back on the exercise horse last night with an awesome 90-minute ashtanga-inspired yoga practice at the Yoga Shala. We got pretty sweaty going through sun salutations, warriors, and various triangle poses, and then busted out the chairs for some supported shoulder stands and back bends. It felt great last night to get back into everything, and I'm only a little sore so far today.

No comments:

Post a Comment