Monday, January 18, 2010

A Sunday full of yoga

This blog is quickly becoming a yoga blog and not a running blog. Oops! Since September, I have spent about 10 hours a weekend, three weekends a month, doing yoga and working towards my teaching certification. It's a lot of yoga, but it's totally worth it - I've learned so much about the philosophy of the practice and my own body in the process.

So this Sunday was spent like so many in the past few months have been - on my mat. We had 3.5 hours of practice in the morning, focusing on opening and strengthening hips. Alison of Harmony Yoga was our teacher - she's so fantastically motivating and pushes you, yet is kind and gentle at the same time. We did all sorts of pigeons, threw some arm balances in there, and (after a bunch of other poses) ended with a 10 minute savasana.

After the certification class ended at 4, I decided to come back to the shala for a 75-minute restorative yoga class. Like last time, it was fantastic and exactly what my body needed to end the weekend.

So that's how I spent nearly 10 hours in a yoga studio on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment