Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Improvising a little

Even though my workout plan for the week said I needed to be at a 6am yoga class, I turned my alarm off at 5:30 and went back to sleep. Why? Because instead of sticking to the plan I decided to hit up a 7pm Zumba class with Rachel at the gym instead! We've heard awesome things about Zumba from friends for a while now and were super excited to try it. Unfortunately for us, a lot of other people were as well - and by the time we got there the class was completely full! We'll have to try some other time, I guess.

So instead, we improvised a little. I hit the machines for a cross-training workout, and Rachel did a bit of running and some elliptical. I spent a total of 42 minutes doing cardio - 15 minutes on the elliptical at level 10; 25 minutes on the step-mill at 80 steps/minute (this one was different than the one I usually use that has a choice of levels 1-20, but 80 steps a minute seemed to closely mimic a level 10), and a cool down for 2 minutes on the step mill.

The best part of the gym time by far, though, was the 20 minute soak in the hot tub that we indulged in afterwards. I love love love hot tubs - a fact I always forget until I'm in one again. They make your muscles feel soooooo good after working out, especially if you've been working hard for several days in a row. And they're super relaxing, too! I think as the mileage gets longer in my marathon training plan I'm going to have to start soaking a little more often.

To get back on track I'll be hitting a 6am yoga class tomorrow - so this yoga-practicing runner has to get to bed! Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment