Sunday, July 18, 2010

A fresh outlook on blogging

A lot has changed since I last blogged anywhere. We're talking major life events, not just the acquisition of new (and amazingly beautiful) Timbuk2 bags - although that happened, too, and was surprisingly hard to do! I got married. I finished my Masters degree, and received that piece of paper that I jumped through so many hoops for on my 25th birthday. I spent so much of my life focusing on achieving those three goals that, come May 2, 2010, I found myself relatively adrift!

I'm supposed to be an adult - an adult that's satisfied with working 9-5, coming home to my husband, doing housework, and seeing friends occasionally. Well, after two months of trying to "settle in", I've decided that it's not for me. Don't get me wrong, I love so many things about my life right now (my husband being at the very top of that list) - I just miss the excitement of always having a bunch of stuff going on, as well as accomplishing giant goals at the end of all of that hard work!

A "101 in 1001" list is perfect for me in this regard. There are so many things I've talked about doing but keep putting off - and finishing a list of 101 things in 1001 days is apparently surprisingly hard. But, if there's one thing I'm always up for it's a challenge. So bring it on, 101 in 1001 list!

I accomplished my first item on the list on July 15, 2010. I have until April 12, 2013 to finish the remaining 100 things!

No comments:

Post a Comment